Saturday, November 15, 2008

Of Dreams and Books and Randomness.

I have been dreaming again.

Past few days i lent my spare phone to Wai Ko because his phone ran out of battery. Until now i haven't heard news from him!

And in that dream, i called him, and asked him where my phone was.

He said, "I pinjamed it to Yi Wei ler...."

Yes!! That Yi Wei from college!!!!!

I was like, "HUH?!?! HOW CAN YOU?!?! AND OF ALL PEOPLE, YOU HAD TO GIVE IT TO YI WEI?! THE YI WEI I HAD SO MUCH CONFLICT WITH?!?!"

And cut to college.

Yi Wei and I were attending a class. Then i tried to get it from her. She acted like nothing had happened.

$!@#$^#@$#



Perhaps i am reading too much, and burning the midnight oil with the pages from the book.

Anyway, i just finished reading Stardust, and it's really awesome! However i think that it could have been more interesting. The featured characters in the book appeared too briefly. A little more elaboration on them would have made them more interesting. And i think the ending of the book is too easy. The movie ended with such excitement (fighting fighting!!) but the book just simply concluded with the witch letting them go and shit like that! Where's the action part???

Of course i don't expect it to be a book like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, but that's my opinion on Stardust.

I was halfway through re-reading The Kite Runner when i bought Stardust.

The Kite Runner is a touching book. It is about a friendship of a child and his servant. Then there was a betrayal. And regrets.

This is my third time reading it and i realised.... that i was scared to read the part where Amir betrayed Hassan. I couldn't make myself continue to the chapter where Hassan was raped and Amir did nothing. I couldn't take it. I couldn't even read the part where Amir set Hassan up and made him leave the house, made him leave his life. It's just too painful.

I bought four other books last night, but put them at aside and continued reading 暖暖 from 蔡智恒, a book a bought months ago but stopped reading halfway because i thought it was too boring and totally incomparable with the previous books he wrote. However, i was patient last night and finally i read some more "interesting parts" in the book.

I think when i am free i should do a full review on every book i read.

My trainee's been calling me a silverfish So totally random.

Ok byez!

No comments: